Media & Technology
With so many insurers offering “out of the box” insurance for media & technology companies – how do you know you are getting what your company needs?
Does your insurance broker actually understand the difference in risk profile between a systems integrator and a circuit board manufacturer? Data warehousing? Mobile app development? Online and mobile advertising management?
Off-the-shelf insurance products developed for the tech industry can work very effectively, subject to being placed with the right insurer with the right coverages and enhancements for your activities (and aspirations!) – and subject to your appetite for buying.
A sampling of the issues we look at are as follows…not everything applies to every company!
Operational Risk Issues
- Controlling Contract liability exposures
- Breach of Privacy – B2C
- Breach of B2B confidentiality clauses
- Claims Made vs Claims Made & Reported E&O Insurance
- Network Security
- Intellectual Property Liability and Protection – whatever the medium
- R&D and Prototype Replacement
- Product Liability – incident management procedures
- Geographic expansion – USA – Risk/Reward – Insurance
- Document Management and Retention Programs
- “Word Control” and Manual Creation
Human Capital Risk Issues
- Employee Retention Tools
- Group Life, Extended Medical, Dental, Disability, Critical Illness Insurances
- Group Pension, RRSP and Deferred Profit Sharing Plans
- Group Home & Auto Insurance
- Group ID Theft Insurance
- Group Personal Umbrella Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability – allegation management and settlement of wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal, harassment, discrimination claims by employees – plus clients or suppliers
Executive Risk Issues
- Directors & Officers Liability – Private, Public, board comfort management
- Buy-sell shareholder insurance
- Key Person Insurance
- Executive Benefits
- Disability and Life Top-Ups
- Cost-Plus – extend coverage beyond the base group plan
- Priority Healthcare